05 4월 What is AWS Cloud Service?
✅ The definition of Cloud
- Cloud refers to a vast network environment of remote servers distributed around the world. These environments are designed to provide resources such as services or content, such as storing and managing data and running applications. This makes it possible to access files or data online for all devices that support the Internet, making it possible to use the necessary information anytime, anywhere.
- It is classified into three cloud types according to how resources are distributed based on business needs.
- Public Cloud : It is the most common type to use the cloud provided by the operator. Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, and Alibaba are major cloud operators.
- Private Cloud : It is a type that builds its own cloud environment and infrastructure and uses it exclusively internally. Compared to the public cloud, it has many advantages of control and excellent security, but managing it may require a higher level of IT expertise and cost.
- Hybrid Cloud : It is a type that utilizes the cloud provided by the operator and its own infrastructure (on-premise). Service driving is generally implemented and used on the cloud, and data storage or local services are processed on their own infrastructure.
✅ Cloud Computing
- Based on the cloud, it provides technical services such as computing power or storage, database, networking, software, analysis, and intelligence.
- Clouding computing can provide faster innovation, flexible resources, and benefit from large-scale management.
- These advantages, such as agility, resilience, and cost reduction, are based on the five characteristics of cloud computing.
- On Demand Self-Service : Ready to use online when you need
- Broad Network Access : Access to service resources over the network
- Rapid Elasticity : Resource Allocation with Multi-tenant Model
- Resource Pooling : Flexible use of resources based on business conditions
- Measured service : Pay as much as you use the service
✅ Types of Cloud Computing
- There are three types based on the level of control, such as information and format for cloud services.
- IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service) : It is a service that provides a basic element for IT infrastructure. It typically provides networking capabilities, computers (virtual or dedicated hardware), and data storage space.
- PaaS(Platform as a Service) : It is a service that provides the necessary platform when developing SW programs. There is support for related resource purchases, capacity planning, maintenance, patch operations, etc.
- Saas(Software as a Service) : It is a complete product executed and managed by the service provider. For example, there are end-user applications such as web-based email.
AWS(Amazon Web Service)
- In November 2004, the Simple Queue service was introduced and the public cloud service was launched, and cloud storage S3, computing resources EC2, and queue service SQS have been provided integrally since 2006.
- Beyond simply providing virtual machines, it is the most widely used cloud platform in the world, operating services in various fields from analysis, database, machine learning, storage, networking to blockchain, satellite, and quantum computing.
- As of January 2021, it is available in 24 Regions, 77 Availability Zones, 5 Local Zones, more than 210 Edge Locations and 12 Edge Caches. (Korea has Seoul Region(ap-northeast-2) and 4 Availability Zones.)
Regions : A reference areas for clustering data centers
Availability Zones : Logical groups of data centers that exist in the Region
Local Zones : A concept for fast service to a particular region belonging to a particular region
Edge Locations : Cache server for transferring files to Amazon CloudFront
- All services provided by AWS are characterized by being controlled by APIs. (By default, it consists of HTTP, REST, and SOAP, and also provides library and sample code for use in Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, .NET, etc.)
✅ AWS Services
– Representative Computing Service : EC2(Elastic Compute Cloud)
- It is a web service that provides an environment that can be used as a server in the cloud, and the scale of computing power can be freely changed.
- Resources used for instance types : CPU / Memory / Storage / Networking Capacity
- Benefits of using EC2 : Sizing your computer as needed / Providing comprehensive control over computing resources / Effective for security and network configuration, storage management
– Representative Database Service : RDS (Relational Database Sevice)
- It is a web service that provides a distributed relational DB that can be set up, operated, and scaled in the cloud.
- Complex management processes such as patching software, backing up databases, or enabling point-in-time recovery are automatically manageable.
– Representative Networking Service : Route 53
- Web services that provide DNS (
DNS(domain name system): System that matches numeric IP addresses with domain names)
- Three main functions : Domain registration / DNS routing / Status check and executing in combination
– Representative Storage Service : S3(Simple Storage Service)
- It is a web service that can store data and has excellent durability and scalability.
- The system automatically handles traffic growth. + There is no limit to the number of files that can be saved.
bucket: The top-level directory, a container that stores directories and objects
Object: Stored data, configured with files and metadata (up to 5TB allowed)
Key: Unique identifier used to locate objects within a bucket